Looking for an Outpatient Orthopedic PT clinic to help fulfill clinical requirements during completion of DPT program? Quinn Orthopedic Physical Therapy is the place for you.
Treating a wide variety of age groups, diagnoses, and post operative patients this clinic will allow you to expand your skills and improve your confidence while transitioning from student to clinician. Each student will advance through patient care on their own pace as determined by the supervising CI. Skills will be evaluated on a weekly basis to ensure linear progression during the clinical. All duties will be under supervision of CI with guidance as needed to facilitate independent performance of all Physical Therapy related tasks.
If you’re interested, please contact email@example.com, lead CI, and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org the site CCCE, outlining your clinical dates and any previous student experience.
- Clinical Experience II or III
- 6-12 week clinical duration
- Complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards
- CPR-AED and BLS Certified
- Covid Vaccinated as per CA health mandate
- Physical Therapist and PT Aide environment
- Population: Outpatient Orthopedic (ages 5 – geriatric adult)
- 1:1 treatment sessions
- 60 minute evaluation sessions
- 30 minute follow up treatments
- 30-minute documentation block, with additional time as needed
- Direct supervision of Clinical Instructor for length of clinical
Expectations for QOPT Experience:
- Orientation Weeks: 0 – 25% of a full-time Physical Therapist caseload
- Stepwise progressive addition of treatment plans of CI’s current caseload
- Addition of evaluations/examinations for new patients
- Assessment and management of patient plan of care with CI collaboration
- Ramp to full-time schedule as deemed by independence
- Weekly skills checks and goal setting to optimize clinical growth